Maatkit is a group of perl scripts that provide advanced methods of administration for Mysql.
Here are a few of the more useful things that Maatkit allows you do to:
- Monitor MySQL replication delay
- Make a MySQL slave server lag behind its master.
- Ensuring slaves have the same data as masters
- Find duplicate indexes and foreign keys on MySQL tables.
- Execute SQL statements and print statistics.
- Execute queries on multiple servers and check for differences.
Here is the link to the Maatkit website which provides more details on each of the scripts. I will be providing some real world examples of Maatkit usage in another post.